Skip to content
- Photos must be taken within Mission Trails Regional Park (MTRP) from an authorized trail and have MTRP as their subject. Any photo that has been or appears to have been taken off trail, shows dogs off leash, or is considered inappropriate will be disqualified. To view park rules, visit www.mtrp.org/trail-maps.
- The contest is open to amateur/non-professional photographers only. Professionals are those who make a living as a paid photographer. All previous winning entries are not eligible.
- One entry may be submitted per person and there is no entry fee.
- Photos may be taken with either film, digital cameras, or cell phones. Techniques that add, relocate, replace, or remove elements within the photo are not permitted, except by cropping.
- Entrants may upload their image through the online portal at photocontest.mtrp.org OR print and mount their photo and bring it to the MTRP Visitor Center with a completed application.
- If printing and mounting your entry, it must be mounted on a lightweight foam board at 8″ x 10″ and no thicker than 1/4 inch with a matte finish. If which way is “up” is not obvious, please indicate on the photo back. Printed entries must be retrieved from the Visitor Center from 6/18 – 7/15. MTRP Foundation is not responsible for lost or damaged photos. Photos not reclaimed by 7/15/22 become the property of the MTRP Foundation.
- The Photo Contest finalists’ photos will be on view at the MTRP Visitor Center from May 7 – June 17, 2022. Winners will be announced, and prizes awarded at a reception at the MTRP Visitor Center from 2-4PM on Sunday, June 5, 2022.
- By submitting photos to this contest, you are granting MTRP Foundation and its authorized representatives a license to use your photos (including your name and identifying information as relevant) in connection with the contest and its purposes, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat the photo, and to utilize it at our facilities, on our website, in social media, and promotional materials. You further represent that you have secured the permission to submit and publish the photos of any recognizable persons depicted in the photos.